Jan Dhan Darshak
Department of Financial Services (DFS), Ministry of Finance and National Informatics Centre (NIC) has jointly developed a mobile app called Jan Dhan Darshak as a part of financial inclusion (FI) initiative .
About the App:
- As the name suggests, this app will act as a guide for the common people in locating a financial service touch point at a given location in the country.
- will be in a unique position to provide a citizen centric platform for locating financial service touch points across all providers such as banks, post office, CSC, etc.
- These services could be availed as per the needs and convenience of the common people.
Salient features of this App:
- Find nearby Financial touch points, based on current location (Branches/ATM/Post offices)
- Search by place name
- Search by place name also available with Voice Interface
- Phone number of bank branches available in app, with the facility of call button for integrated dialing
- Users’ feedback will go directly to the concerned bank for carrying out the necessary updation in data on financial touch points.
Significance of the App:
- Financial inclusion
- Digital literacy
- Reach out to end beneficiaries
- Transparency in financial transactions
- Bridging rural urban divide