Use of Space Technology for Border Management
Union Government has formed a Task Force for identifying areas for use of space technology in improving border management headed by Joint Secretary (Border Management) with members from Border Guarding Forces (BGFs) and Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
- The project will strengthen island and border security by providing observation, communication and navigation capability to border guarding and internal security forces in remote areas.
- It will also help Ministry of Home Affairs in planning and monitoring of development of border and island infrastructure.
Details of the areas identified for use of space technology:
- Island development and security
- Border Surveillance
- Communication and Navigation
- GIS and Operations Planning System
- Border Infrastructure Monitoring